Thursday 11 December 2014

Game fishing

I used to like fishing in  England but game fishing in Tonga is a whole new thing. 
On my first trip I was really exited, 20 minutes into the trip we caught our first fish. It was a meter long Mahi Mahi (also known as dolphin fish.)





If you want to know were the fish are look at the birds. The birds are there to eat the smaller
fish. The big fish are there for the  same thing. If you see some black birds and a few white birds there will probably  be a Mahi Mahi. If there are some big Spriget birds there will probably be a bill fish (marlin sailfish etc) there. If the birds are going crazy there  will probably be a tuna.

The second fish we caught was a 1.7 metre Mahi Mahi .






4 comments:

  1. Wow thats a big fish - how did you catch it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get a very big squid like lure and drag it behind a bout

      Delete
  2. My dad is very jealous..he would LOVE to catch a fish like that...we are impressed. Was it tasty? Did you eat it with chips???

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is life in New Zealand? Are you enjoying it? My mum went backpacking there when she was 17. I am playing a big football match tomorrow and I have cool new boots-I hope we will win!!! Maby we can FaceTime soon? Isaac

    ReplyDelete